You may have noticed that in my series of posts about my summer Iceland trip, I skipped over my time exploring the South Coast and the Golden Circle. Part of the reason is due to a busy summer at work, it took me awhile to get to editing my photos and drafting blog posts, and thus it’s now more than two months later, making it harder to recall. Second, although my inclusion of discussion of what traveling a destination is like (as opposed to simply reviewing premium cabins on airlines and luxury hotels, selling credit cards, giving tips based on “mistakes” made by idiots while traveling, or making generic inane “tips” like “Pack a snack while traveling with children!”) makes my blog a little bit unique, my approximately five readers and blog revenue of ~-$100 a year don’t justify the stress incurred when taking copious notes while traveling for the sole purpose of a blog post. On my recent trip through Scotland, I tried not doing that, and I was able to actually enjoy my vacation a lot more by just experiencing where I was.
Maybe I’ll change my mind again in the future, but I’m only going to have a few posts about flights and hotels from my recent England and Scotland trip. (Taking notes on an airplane or in a hotel room really isn’t hard.) If you have questions about the South Coast or Golden Circle of Iceland, or Manchester or Scotland, as always, feel free to shoot me a note youwentwhereblog at gmail dot com, or in the comments.
Also, I have two big upcoming trips where tips and suggestions would be welcome:
- South African Business Class New York to Victoria Falls
- Kenya Airways (Economy) Victoria Falls to Cape Town
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Cape Town to Hong Kong
- Cathay Dragon Business/Economy Hong Kong to Chiang Mai and back
- Cathay Pacific First Class Hong Kong to Chicago
- SAS Business Class Washington to Copenhagen
- Adria Airways Copenhagen to Ljubljana
- Iberia Business Class Venice to Madrid to New York