Readers, I need your help!
I’ve booked a round-the-world trip for this coming January. The plan is to spend some time in Victoria Falls, then South Africa, before heading back home via Hong Kong. Right now, I have 4 days in Hong Kong, and I am not committed to spending any or all of them there, as I’ve been before. So I’ve been trying to figure out where to go what to do.
Here are some considerations:
(1) I arrive in Hong Kong early on a Wednesday morning, and leave at 11:50am on Sunday morning.
(2) I have been to Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, and Phuket before, and am not particularly interested in returning.
(3) I have $250 in Hilton Resort credits, as well as an annual IHG Free Night, and my IHG Ambassador BOGO certificates to potentially use on this trip.
(4) I’ll be alone.
Current options include:
(1) 2-3 nights in Hoi An/Danang (Vietnam) and 1-2 nights in Hong Kong
(2) 2-3 nights in Koh Samui and 1-2 nights in Hong Kong
(3) 4 nights in Hong Kong
(4) 2 nights in Hoi An/Danang and 2 nights in Hanoi
(5) 3 nights in the Hanoi/Halong Bay area and 1 night in Hong Kong
(6) Somewhere in Cambodia – Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, both?
I want to minimize travel time, so places like Bali seem not worth the trip. Basically looking at places with nonstops from Hong Kong under 3 hours. (Manila is possible, I guess)